100% handmade to a high standard in South Africa, winner of five design awards, made with local materials: this is Solar-jar!
Solar-jar is a great innovative product. A team consisting of 50 employees produces the product in their own production and by hand. The concept behind the product is simple but at the same time clever. LEDs powered by a solar panel in the lid of the glass will illuminate up to 12 hours with a single charge. The1-litre Consol Classic jar are 100% recycled. The solar panel is protected by a reworked stainless steel ring. During the day solar energy is stored, which is then released again at night in the form of warm light.
This method of lighting generation is sustainable, represents a simple way to live environmentally conscious and is simply fun. The Solar-jar has developed into a cult product in South Africa. It saves energy and protects the environment. Now it comes to Europe and gives us a bit of South African joy of life.
The Solar-jar has won a number of awards, including:
- Special Recognition: Institute of Packaging, SA Gold Pack Awards, 2011
- Finalist: Most Beautiful Object in South Africa (MBOISA), Design Indaba, 2012
- Runner Up: Eskom Energy Efficiency Lighting Design Competition, 2012
- Winner: Best South African Household Product, Fair Lady magazine, 2012
- Winner: Best Small Electrical Appliance, Fair Lady magazine, 2012
The special: Customize your Solar-jar inside according to your wishes: fruits, sand, dried flowers, shells, pebbles, etc.
Solar-jar is a genuine fair trade product from South Africa. The Consol Solar Lamp was developed as a full-fledged light source for people in areas without power supply. If you want to know more about this product head over to their website: Solar-jar.com